Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Top 10 investor hotspots in Australia

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 05 May 2015, 01:29 PM Agree 0
Despite soaring property prices in Sydney and Melbourne, it's those two areas which are continuing to attract the attention of investors, according to a new report.
  • HomeOwner | 07 May 2015, 06:44 PM Agree 0
    Your comment is beyond silly. Those terrace houses in the city or semis across the Mosmans of our city have far less outdoor space or interiir living than the new developments which by contrast provide far more living space for families than the older houses of yesteryear.

I'm an owner and not an investor, enjoying my large beautiful home on a smaller block that's already prepared me for retirement, thanks to the increase in value. The family enjoy lovely parks and walking tracks as never experienced when we lived in older traditional suburbs on Sydney's north shore.
  • Kennie | 03 Sep 2016, 05:30 PM Agree 0
    I agree. The comment posted is SILLY ... I successfully sold my 40-year-old, dumpy, 3 bedroomed brick veneer shoebox in Doncaster for a King's ransome, earlier this year!! Slapped a bit of paint on the walls, tidied up the gardens, displayed a few colourful pieces of furniture and sold it to Asian buyers for a stupendous, six-figure sum ... Go figure? It's the Chinese investors who have falsely driven our real estate market to dizzying heights ... The majority of properties sold in Melbourne and Sydney are not even worth half the amount these Asians are willing to pay to push us out of the East and the South!! The Chinese are "systematically" buying our country ... mark my words!! It was a ridiculously easy decision for me to re-purchase a new home in Point Cook ... 21 squares of luxury living, including everything I could possibly wish for!! Price paid? A mere $480,000!!! Splendid conveniences within walking distance, a cruisey 5 minute drive to trendy Altona Beach and not to mention, an easy 25 minute drive to the CBD. I just followed the Asian investment trail ... 4.3 percent guaranteed rental yield and bless me Father, I am mortgage-free!!! Don't believe the hype that the West is less favourable to live in compared to the North, South or East ... There is plenty of wealth around here, I assure you. Porsche Cayennes, Land Cruisers, Mercs and BMW's in the Point Cook carparks, galore!! Point Cook is a real investment hotspot ... and ... a delightful, well-serviced, safe place to live in.
  • Diego | 10 Sep 2016, 03:35 PM Agree 0
    Sydney, Melbourne, meh. Prices too high, yields too low. Commonwealth Games is coming to the Gold Coast soon, and there's a new city planned between Brisbane and the Gold Coast (Google Norwell Valley). Plus a few other things of interest. I'm looking at the Gold Coast and Logan areas, particularly Beenleigh.
Post a reply