By Greg Sugars, CEO, Opteon Property Group
Each property is unique, and it depends on what market you are pitching at, but here some tips that have been my own personal observations:
1. A bright and functional kitchen is a must. Remember that in many residential property decisions, there are emotional factors at play. A kitchen that works for a buyer will also work for their tenants.
2. Bathrooms also need to be in good repair and functional. If it is out-of-date or beginning to have cracked tiles etc, it is probably time to do some work in this area.
3. If possible replace any rusting gutters and repair facias. First impressions count and a buyer will see this damage and assume the property has not been well maintained and mark it back accordingly.
4. Make sure it has good heating or cooling.
(Depending on which state you are in.)
5. If there is on site car parking a garage is always better than a carport. Buyers and renters will always be looking for secure storage.
6. Functional but attractive landscaping. You need not go over the top but just as you would like your visitors to see a well-presented home, so too will future tenants.
7. Keep it simple. Elaborate colour schemes may tickle your fancy but others might be put off by the latest and greatest in decoration. Neutral colour schemes appeal to a wider market. Buyers may discount the property if they feel they have to redecorate.
Opteon conducts over 150,000 valuations per annum for lenders, government authorities, corporations and the general public.
Whether you are looking to buy your first home, move home, refinance, or invest in property, a mortgage broker can help. Access loans from all the major lenders, get help with paperwork – plus there is no charge for this service. Get help from a local mortgage broker
Top Suburbs :
Get help financing your investment
Do you need help finding the right loan for your investment?
When investing in property, it is important to make sure that you not only have the lowest available rate that you can get, but also have the correct loan features for your needs.
Just fill in a few details below and we'll then arrange for a local expert Aussie Mortgage Broker to contact you and work out what features or types of loans are right for your needs. We'll even help with the paperwork. Plus, our mortgage broking service is at no cost to you.
We value your privacy and treat all your information seriously - you can check out