1. Are you a property investor (if so, how many properties and where)?
2. How many people do you manage funds for?
3. How many properties have you managed to date?
4. How will you assess my risk profile?
5. What do you base your research on and how often do you update it?
About their clients
6. How often do you update and communicate with your clients?
7. What kind of returns have you generated for yourself and for your clients?
8. What do your clients say about your services?
9. Can I verify this with some of your clients?
10. Why do you recommend this investment product (property)?
11. What type of properties do you recommend and where do you source them?
12. What commissions do you get paid and from whom?
13. What service do you provide to these companies for your commissions?
14. Which company does the valuations on your properties?
15. Is there a link between you and this valuer (commissions paid)?
16. Who organises the finance and insurance for your properties?
17. Is there a link between you and the finance or insurance companies?
18. What are your qualifications?
19. Are you licensed with the correct associations (eg ASIC)?
20. What are your areas of expertise?
Source: Angelo Piazzetta, CEO, The Property School
Do you have more than $200k in your super fund? You could use your super to buy property - Find out how
Top Suburbs :
Get help financing your investment
Do you need help finding the right loan for your investment?
When investing in property, it is important to make sure that you not only have the lowest available rate that you can get, but also have the correct loan features for your needs.
Just fill in a few details below and we'll then arrange for a local expert Aussie Mortgage Broker to contact you and work out what features or types of loans are right for your needs. We'll even help with the paperwork. Plus, our mortgage broking service is at no cost to you.
We value your privacy and treat all your information seriously - you can check out