Judith Taylor of www.propertywomen.com.au gives Your Investment Property the following tips for boosting your rental yields fast !
1. Don’t replace cracked baths, basins or ugly tiles. Simply paint over with bath and tile paint. This paint is extremely durable and will make kitchens and bathrooms look like new at very little cost.
2. Cleaning is an obvious but often overlooked way to smarten up a property. Hose down the outside, clean the windows, shampoo the carpets and scrub the walls. This will create a clean smell and a good feel for new tenants.
3. Create an extra bedroom by using another room such as a dining room or the corner of a living room. For the cost of a wall or closing in a door, an extra bedroom can increase rent by $30 to $50 per week.
4. Don’t throw out anything before checking if it can be repaired or reused.
5. Paint is the quickest and cheapest way to make a property look fresh and appealing for tenants. Always use neutral colours so that it’s a perfect match no matter what colour furniture the tenant has.
Can you afford to buy in this suburb? Find out how much you can borrow
Top Suburbs :
Get help financing your investment
Do you need help finding the right loan for your investment?
When investing in property, it is important to make sure that you not only have the lowest available rate that you can get, but also have the correct loan features for your needs.
Just fill in a few details below and we'll then arrange for a local expert Aussie Mortgage Broker to contact you and work out what features or types of loans are right for your needs. We'll even help with the paperwork. Plus, our mortgage broking service is at no cost to you.
We value your privacy and treat all your information seriously - you can check out