Property value increases in Croydon have tracked just lower than the VIC average of -1.79% over the last 12 months.
While Croydon,3136 ranked number 257th in VIC for increase in median house value (annualised) increase, it is ranked 264th over the last 5 years.
Vendor discounting in Croydon is giving property investors an average Vendor Discount of around -7.85%. This puts suburb at number 164th in VIC when ranking the most discounted suburbs.
Using the current median advertised rental of $435 and the average annual increase in value of a median property of 6.96%, investors should hope to achieve an overall return of 3.19%
VIC has seen average median house prices change by 0.68% which means that Croydon, 3136 has done well for property investors by showing a capital gain of -5.98% over the last year
Comparing Croydon,3136 ‘s 5year and quarterly average capital gain offered to property investors, it performed less well across the longer period
Croydon, 3136 is offering VIC ‘s 90th most discounted properties when looking at the average discount being offered by vendors. This puts it in the TOP 40% of discounts offered by this VIC.
With the median price for a house in Croydon being $550000 and the advertised rent reaching $390 the gross rental yield for property investors calculates out to be 3.69%
Offering a list of shopping facilities including the ever popular, tree-lined Main St shopping precinct, Croydon features a host of public amenities with Croydon Market, Swinburne Tafe, Premier schooling & public transport. Poised at the gateway to the Yarra Valley (Victorian tourist region renowned for its superb scenery, wineries, forests & mountains), Croydon is close to the Eastern Freeway & Eastlink, Sporting Facilities, parkland & celebrates the annual Maroondah Festival.
Information supplied by:
0413 589 800
- Close proximity to Eastlink
- Large family sized blocks
- Close to a range of excellent Public & Private schools
Most sought-after properties:
- Subdividable properties
- Family homes
- Development sites
- New units & townhouses close to Main Street
Most common properties:
- A mixture of weatherboard character homes in certain pockets, through to more modern in younger estates like Strathfield Estate & The Range (old Croydon Golf course) Most common would be 1970’s Brick veneer 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom on land sizes of 800-1000sqm
- Croydon Market & Croydon Main Street shopping
- Swinburne Tafe
- Croydon Athletic Track, Football, Cricket & NFL grounds
- Croydon leisure centre & indoor pool
- Croydon outdoor pool
Local industry and business:
- Great cafes & restaurants
- Coles, Aldi & Woolworths supermarkets
- Planned re-development of Croydon Market
- Alto Avenue
- Ellesmere Avenue
- Glenora Avenue
- Strathfield Estate
- Valentino Drive
- Cecil Circuit
- Croydon Train Station & Bus Terminus
- Mt Dandenong Road
- Maroondah Highway