As you probably know by now, The Federal Budget released on the 9th of May 2017, has changed the game for property investors by reducing the allowable depreciation deductions for ‘previously used’ residential properties.
I’ve created a webinar on this topic, where you’ll learn my 7 key takeaways from these budget changes.
Some of the topics I discuss include:
1. If I have already bought a property can I still claim property depreciation?
2. How will the changes affect my cashflow as a property investor?
3. How I cracked the code and got around these changes - legally!!
4. What type of properties will still enable me to claim depreciation on the building/structural component.
5. What entities are affected by these changes.
6. What happens if I renovate a property?
7. What types of property should I now buy?
This is one webinar that every property investor should take 30 mins to watch (in my humble opinion.)
So here’s your homework to watch:
Tyron Hyde is the CEO of Washington Brown and is considered one of Australia’s leading experts in property tax depreciation. He is also a registered tax agent. Washington Brown manages construction costs worth over $2 billion and completes 10,000 schedules annually. For a depreciation schedule quote CLICK HERE and follow the 3 simple steps or estimate your depreciation cost.
The Washington Brown Free Depreciation Calculator will give you an estimate of the depreciation deductions you could claim on your investment property
Read more Expert Advice articles by Tyron
Disclaimer: while due care is taken, the viewpoints expressed by contributors do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Your Investment Property.