Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Is it worth me subdividing my main property pf residents?

Notify me of new replies via email
domenica | 06 Nov 2016, 09:23 PM Agree 0
Hi there,

I am a newby to this forum and am using this forum as my starting point, where i can either share my own experiences in investing and gain the best advice from othere more informed than i am on investment decisions going forward.

I would like to ask some advice.

I have a family of five, mum dad and three children and are now needing to upgrade our home with more bedrooms etc.

I currently have a beautiful 2 bedroom home with a lean to which i could use as a third bedroom but dont want to keep my kids by themselves at the back of my home.

I am considering subdividing my 740 Sq meter corner block which will.leave me with 300 sqm vacant land to either develop on or sell as a home and land package. It is a developers dream

I am wanting to make a well informed decision on whether to build on that land and sell both the existing and new home and monetary wise how much more better off will i be. Or do i sell the back as a home and land package?

My current land has been valued at around $540,000 but to find what i want we are looki mg at around the 750k - 800k mark.

My goal is to make as much possible and borrow as minimal as i can.

My question is do i have a better option that i am unaware of?

Is it a smart move considering where i am based Beverley South Australia?

Do i subdivide sell both and redevelop another property?

Would love some expert advice.

Thanks in advance.

Post a reply