12 Jun 2015, 05:26:11 PM
I've been researching the US property market since in the last 15 years. I even went to property seminars in US during 2003 and knew there were deals and money to be made - but fear got hold of me and I didn't do anything... only to see the market shoot up and watch a lot of people make a lot of money...
Then the GFC happened..
Whilst I continue to learn about how the US do their property deals I knew this is a great time to invest in US whilst banks are trying to offload their properties by the millions and locals with bad credits cannot borrow... A perfect storm for cashed up investors where you can cherry pick your properties.
Taking the plunge in 2012, I bought a land for $1 to test it out and see if I would receive my title... it had cost me more to process the papers than the property itself... to my surprise I received it, even better the taxes range from around $32 to $125 per year.
I have since purchased 7 properties and ended up with 8 because one of them was a double block in the states of Michigan, Ohio and California.
I learnt a lot of things like:
- How to get a US number so i can make and receive calls from my mobile phone here in Australia - for FREE
- Where are the best places to invest and where it's forecast to be
- How to do creative and "no money down deals" in US
- Where to find desperate and motivated sellers
- What your expected rental return would be for rental properties
- Know which places are safe to invest in and stay away from crime related places
- What legal structure do I need to set up and where is the best place to set it up.
and a whole lot of other things.
I am now on a mission to help as much Aussies as possible who are considering investing in US properties for a decent rental return. It had taken me years to work out what needed to be done and I wanted to be able to give back by helping Australians get into US property investments.