Property investing is not always easy.
The market has its way of humbling us when we become overconfident.
But next time you read something in the media that scares you or your tenant causes you stress reflect on the insights in this list of real estate investment quotes to keep you motivate.
- “Ninety percent of all millionaires become so through owning real estate. More money has been made in real estate than in all industrial investments combined. The wise young man or wage earner of today invests his money in real estate.” - Andrew Carnegie (billionaire industrialist)
- “Buy land, they’re not making it anymore.” - Mark Twain, writer and humorist
- ”The rich buy assets. The poor have expenses. The middle class buy liabilities they think are assets. The poor and the middle class work for money. The rich have money work for them.” – Robert Kiyosaki (author of Rich Dad Poor Dad)
- “Never depend on a single income. Make investments to create a second source.” – Warren Buffet (world’s most successful investor and philanthropist)
- “Wealth is the transfer of money from the impatient to the patient.” – Warren Buffet
- “Price is what do you pay. Value is what you get. – Warren Buffet
- “Risk comes from love knowing what you’re doing.” - Warren Buffett
- Diversification is a protection against ignorance.” – Warren Buffet
- “It’s not whether you’re right or wrong but how much money you make when you’re right and how much you lose when you’re wrong.” – George Soros
- “You will come to know that what appears today to be a sacrifice will prove instead to be the greatest investment that you will ever make.” – Gordon B. Hickey (researcher talking about delayed gratification)
- “How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? I rest my case.” – Robert G. Allen (Best-selling American property author.)
- “Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.” – Jim Rohn (American success coach and philosopher.
- “Invest in yourself. Your career is the engine of your wealth.” Paul Clitheroe, Australian money expert
- “The best investment on Earth is earth.” Louis Glickman, American business executive
- “When one door closes, buy another one and open it yourself. – Anonymous
- “Don’t wait to buy real estate, by real estate and wait.” – T. Harv Eker
- Find out where the people are going and buy the land before they get there. – William Penn Adair.
- “Remember, anyone can do it, but not everyone will. The only question is: will you? - Anonymous
Now some bonus quotes of mine…
These are comments you’ve probably read in my blogs or heard on my podcast.
- “You’ll never become rich if your money isn’t working for you when you’re sleeping.”
- “Property investment is a game of finance with some houses thrown in the middle.”
- “I don’t know any rich pessimists. So don’t be a pessimist in a world where pessimists almost always lose.”
- “Investors should invest in what has always worked, not what ‘works now.’ You see...today’s hot spot could easily become tomorrow not spot.”
- “Don’t make 30 year investment decisions based on the last 30 minutes or even the last 30 days of news.”
- “I'm not a believer in doing it yourself. If you want to get something done properly, employ a professional. And this holds true in all areas of life including property investment. But you must have the right knowledge so you can know the right questions to ask, then it's your job to manage the managers.”
- “Too many people are expecting money to do things it's not designed to do. Money was not designed to make you happy. Money was not designed to give you security. Money was designed to be a store of value and a medium of exchange. That's all I expect out of money. However, I have learned that any problem money can solve isn't really a problem.”
Whether you’re a beginning investor or an experienced pro, I hope some of these quotes resonated with you and help keep you motivated and focussed on your long term goals.
Michael Yardney is CEO of Metropole Property Strategists, which creates wealth for its clients through independent, unbiased property advice and advocacy. He is a best-selling author, one of Australia’s leading experts in wealth creation through property and writes the Property Update blog.
To read more articles by Michael Yardney, click here